Hello Brennan,
The video “Learn to Speak English by Yourself: Imitation Technique” is a good video for language learners. The video effectively promotes active engagement by encouraging learners to imitate native speakers, enhancing their pronunciation, grammar, and vocabulary. The suggested post-viewing activity, “Progressive Speech Imitation,” allowing students to gradually build their skills from short phrases to full speeches is an effective strategy. To enhance engagement, incorporating interactive elements like quizzes within the video could help maintain learner involvement. Ensuring inclusivity with transcripts will support diverse learning needs, I also did the same in my blog post. Overall, this blog post is amazing. Great work.
Hi, Karlie
Its an amazing blog, your blog effectively addresses the potential barriers from the learning plan. You have identified key challenges such as access to technology and digital literacy, cultural context, and group work. The adjustments to reduce these potential barriers are also good such as providing access or discounts for technological tools, inform students about the cultural context while teaching them language skills, and ask students in their entrance survey what time zone they are in to resolve the meeting conflict based on time zones. Overall, i really enjoyed reading the blog. Good job.
As a computer science student, I find the concept of direct instruction particularly interesting. Its structured approach and clear goals resonate with the way I often tackle complex programming concepts. I really enjoyed reading your blog, it also aligns with our group topic ( Learning English Through Listening and Speaking: Ordering at a Restaurant
). Overall, great job
Hello,
I really enjoyed reading your blog, it provides a clear and insightful analysis of the assessment strategies in our course. I appreciate how you connected formative assessment to constructivism and cognitivism, emphasizing the importance of peer feedback in our learning process. I also did very similar to my blog.
Further, the comparison to your psychology classes highlights the difference between formative and summative assessments really clearly. I also agree that the lack of grading rubrics and traditional summative assessments in our course can be difficult for some students. Overall , this is a great blog and covers everything . good work!